Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Catch Up Pages

These photos totally do NOT do justice to the actual pages, but you can see that in an effort to participate in my own challenge, I have gotten my oldest son's pumpkin patch pages done. I have managed to complete two other 2 page LO's but I'll save those for another day. I tried out a very cool technique that I read about in the newest edition of Scrapbooks Etc. Using the corrugated insides of cardboard and a little acrylic paint, I made my own journaling lines. I am so in love with the look that as my dearest friend predicted "it's gonna show up on the next several pages" and I have a funny feeling that she's right! It gives a great distressed, organic feel to the page and I love that it facilitates hand journaling. I always lame out and opt for the "perfect fit every time" computer printed method.

Now that the chaos of Christmas has passed, my family and I are bracing ourselves for the impending influx of holiday visitors that is estimated to start arriving the day after tomorrow. I suspect there will be numerous photo ops and not nearly as many scrap ops! I'm trying to get caught up before my in-laws move in to my studio for two weeks. So let's raise our glasses (mine's filled with hot buttered rum...how 'bout you?) and make a toast to tying up loose ends before the calendar year ends!! I will be back on Friday to post the next challenge. Don't forget to post your catch-up pages when you get them done!
Happy Holidays Everyone
Vanessa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails