Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Meet Vee!

As always, the close of the month means that we have to say goodbye to our current Guest Designer but it does also mean that we welcome a new one. March's designer, Glenda brought with her a remarkable sense of who she is as an artist in every one of her pages. I for one thoroughly enjoyed seeing her layouts every Friday and feel privileged to have had her with us for Birthday Month.

For April, we bring you Vee Jennings. If you've read a single copy of Memory Makers this year, you've likely seen her amazing artwork somewhere in the pages of the magazine. She's one of the Memory Makers Masters for 2009. I am super thrilled to have her as our Guest Designer this month and know you'll love her layouts as much as I do!

You can read below a bit about Vee in the interview below. Also, you'll find a few of her most favorite layouts in the whole wide world. You are invited to scraplift those pages and upload the link to them in the comments section of this post. This is a contest! A winner will be randomly chosen from the shared links at the end of the month so don't delay!



Q:Tell us a bit about you and your family.

A: I am a mother of two,love to spend time with family, love to travel and just enjoy life as much as I can. I live in the burbs of DC which inspires me daily.

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking and where did you get your start in this craft?

A: I started scrap-booking eight years ago after the birth of my son. The rest is history. I've been busy documenting life big and small ever since.

Q:What inspires your creativity when you are scrapbooking?

A: Life, fashion, family, friends and the Internet are all avenues of inspiration. But mainly I love creating for the "art" of creating. For me its all about getting my ideas and thoughts about life on paper. It's both therapeutic and fulfilling. My main motivator in the beginning was to document my children's life, but then I realized that my life in essence is theirs as well so I now create for me but with them in mind. I want my children to know who I am as a woman when they are grown.

Q:Describe your creative style

A: I guess my creative style would be a mix of simple and grunge.

Q:What are your three favorite products/techniques right now?

A: My three favorite products always are paint, cardstock and my pro pen.

Q:What project(s) are you currently working on?

A: It seems I am always working on something at the moment and I love it! If you were to see my desk right now, you would see projects for a GDT, dares, scrapjack and Polkadot Whismy.

Q:Describe your perfect day

A: My perfect day would be a day on the beach reading, enjoying the sun and watching my children play in the sand.

Q:What are your three favorite layouts of all time that you’ve created (published or not)?

A: A layout of my son that I made for my MMM submission last year, can't share it but it is one of my favorites.


2 comments:

Zoe said...

Welcome Vee cant wait to see what you create with the challenges this month :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Vee, Welcome, lovin what I see :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails