Thursday, April 30, 2009

Meet Amy!

Dude. Vee Jennings was such an amazing contributor as our Guest Designer for April. We're sad to see her go (don't be a stranger, Vee!) Now, I just re-read my last 2 posts and realized that I kinda forgot to remind you guys to scraplift one of the LO's Vee shared with us when we introduced here HERE. Please note that I've extended the window within which to upload the link to you scraplift by one week (that means by May 7). I want to see what you can do with Vee's incredibly inspiring pages and show us your stuff! Post the link to your page in the comments section of the post hotlinked above :) We'll pick a favorite layout and give ya some killer scrap stuff, okie doke?

Vee, thanks so much for sharing your wicked layouts with us. I for one had my mojo super-invigorated every time I saw your layouts (and my mojo has been on a bit of a hiatus lately) so YAY to that! Hope you visit us from time to time :)

And so having said that, it's now time for me to introduce you to another wicked-awesome scrapper whom you may or may not know (that is, if you've been living under a rock you may not know who she is!)

Now, if you've been following our modest little blog - which started in 2006 (holy crap, has it really been that long?!) you would know that many moons ago like, sometime in January of last year we sponsored OLW with our killer scrap kits...Amy Tangerine was the winner. Read that post here. I love it when stuff like this happens, when life comes full-circle!

Amy answered a few questions for us so we could get to know her a bit better. She also shared her 3 favorite layouts of all time too! You get to scraplift them and share the link in the comments section of this post. Go on. You know you wanna! We'll choose a favorite at the end of May and tell you who gets the goodies for playin' along.

Here's Amy ::


Q:Tell us a bit about you and your family.

A: I am an only child. My parents were both born in India and lived there until they moved to the States in 1970. I was born in the suburbs of Chicago in 1978. I grew up with my grandparents close by and moved down to Atlanta, GA in 1992 to attend high school and live with my father. After 25 years of marriage, my parents got divorced and I love them both very much.

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking and where did you get your start in this craft?

A: I have been scrapbooking since 2007 and got my start after taking a class from Emily Falconbridge. We became friends and she would come over and sew stuff and I would work with paper. I was immediately addicted, and still am.

Q:What inspires your creativity when you are scrapbooking?

A: The products really inspire me to create something fun, but the memory is really what I try to savor. Because there are so many great products out there, I think it helps fuel creativity when I am in a slump. I also enjoy looking through challenge sites for different prompts. I used to just scrapbook events and things in my life, but I think I am now looking at things in a different way thanks to this hobby.

Q:Describe your creative style

A: Colorful, a bit quirky, with a twist.

Q:What are your three favorite products/techniques right now?

A: I love embellishments of all kinds, Thickers, and sewing on layouts

Q:What project(s) are you currently working on?

A: All kinds of good stuff! Working on several baby albums for a client, some home projects for a class I am currently co-teaching on ScrapinStyletv.com, preparing for a class In am teaching in Tennessee in June, and enjoying life.

Q:Describe your perfect day

A: A beautiful sunny day where I had nothing on my to-do list besides whatever I felt like doing... which would likely include eating some delicious meals, playing with the dogs on the beach, being a little silly, being a little creative and productive, and then cuddling up with a good read and a good man at night.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amy welcome. I`m excited to see what inspiration you bring :)

Jody said...

Amy inspires through her pages, her pictures, her mad sewing skills and her zest for life! WHat a fab guest designer! I {heart} Amy Tan (and she lknows it!). I am definitely playing along with this round. Fun, fun, fun!

april y said...

Hi Amy, this is my first time playing, and I really love your layouts, they are so fun! Thanks for the inspirations, here is one lo that I lifted.http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1490092

Related Posts with Thumbnails