Saturday, May 9, 2009

Introducing Gudrun

Oh jeez, it was so very, very hard to choose the few gals that we did to be on our design team. It wasn't easy to narrow it down. I hate to disappoint anyone and I'm bummed that we couldn't include everyone but that would be CRAZY!

I want to introduce you to an amazing, talented scrapbooker who is everywhere (or so it seems!) She's got an incredible eye for design and knows her stuff when it comes to scrapbooking. I love that she journals in English and Norwegian...talented, I'm tellin' ya!

We welcome Gudrun Loennecken to the Lotus Paperie Design Team for the June - November '09 session!!!

Each applicant for the new Design Team was challenged to create something amazing from this sketch. Check out what she did with this sketch and read about her and get acquainted. She's also shared some of her favorite layouts. (We heart our Norwegian scrap friends!)


************************************************************************
Q:Tell us a bit about you and your family.

A: My name is Gudrun. I’m married with my true love, Eirik. We have 4 wonderful kids that bring a lot of joy and happiness to our lives. We live in an old, yellow house in Oslo, the capital of Norway. Our home is filled with music and creativity and art, we all love to create, to make stuff and to play a lot of different instruments. Yes, it’s totally chaos – a wonderful chaos.

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking and where did you get your start in this craft?

A: As many other crafters and scrapbookers I have always been passionate about making stuff, collecting beautiful papers and hoarded little bits and bobs. I have little albums and books I created as a school-girl. But my journey as a scrapbooker started when my oldest son was born 13 years ago. It was no such word as “scrapbooking” in Norway at that time, so I called myself an “album-maker”. Then, suddenly one day, on the outlook for beautiful papers on the internet, I stumbled upon this wonderful world of scrapbooking. This must be about 10 or 11 years ago. And I have been a passionate scrapbooker ever since. This is my creative outlet, my kind of art and my lifestyle.

Q:What inspires your creativity when you are scrapbooking?

A: Oh my, I’m inspired by SO many things!! All the talented scrapbookers all over the world I have been so lucky to meet through internet and in real-life, are all a great source of inspiration. I visit a lot of blogs , challenge-blogs, online galleries and e-zines, I love interior-and garden-magazines and get a lot of inspiration through this. I find inspiration in nature and things around me, but most of all I get inspired by my wonderful family and the pictures I take of our little life and things that surrounds us.

Q:Describe your creative style

A: It’s all a mess. Creative chaos. But I also love simplicity. I love so many different styles, colors, techniques and ways to make scrapbooking a little piece of art.

Q: What are your three favourite products/techniques right now?

A: My all time high is alphabets – letters. I love all kinds of letters and I can’t live without them.
I also love colors, bright, fun, muted, bold…all kinds of colors…. Right now I love to add drops of colors to a neutral background. I can use paint, paper, sewing…whatever technique I want to use at the moment to add these drops of color
And last, but not least, Patterned paper. I LOVE patterned paper. I hoard patterned paper, I use patterned paper on almost all my projects. This is how it all started – my genuine love for patterned paper.

Q: What project(s) are you currently working on?

A: I'm always work at one project at a time. The last days I have made some layouts. All of them 12x12 one-page LOs. But I also love to make mini albums, cards and other things like gift bags, little boxes and other fun paper-craft-stuff.

Q: Describe your perfect day

A: A day with my family – a day off, just doing what we want to do: go on a field-trip or out in our boat on the fjord. I love holidays, time to relax, time to scrap, to embrace life.

Q:What are your three favorite layouts of all time that you’ve created (published or not)?
A: it’s hard to choose only three. They all have their own story….but Here are three LO’s I often come back to – that inspires me and speaks to me – each in their own way.

5 comments:

Keely Livings said...

I love your warm, heartfelt style; the simplicity; and the beauty of your layouts. I can't wait to see more of your lovely work.

Kirsten said...

Hi Gudrun!
I love your favourite pages! I am looking forward to seeing your creations for the design team in the months ahead!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Gudrun, love your style :)

Marit said...

Love it Gudrun! It is fun to see what you did with that "DT call sketch"... very different from mine (yet to come) I'm looking forward to all the new stuff that will come up in the next months!

Komodopix said...

Thoughtful blog thanks for posting

Related Posts with Thumbnails