Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meet Norma!

Wow, what an amazing month! Bree shared some fantastic layouts with us and we are so glad to have had her with us! Here's the link to the winning layout from Bree's scraplift challenge! Thanks for playing along :) If you are the artist who created this winning layout, please email me (info at lotuspaperie dot com) and we'll get your shipping info so we can send you your prize! YAY!

This month we're welcoming Norma Kennedy. Norma's style is lively and colorful and we can't wait to see how she uses our challengs to whip up some killer pages. Check out her interview below to get to know her a little and don't miss out on the scraplift contest! All you have to do is create a layout by using one of her 3 favorites (shown at the bottom of the post) and post the link to your page in the comments section of this post. A winner will be selected after the end of this month!

Crazy thing that Norma and I have in common...we both have sons named Seth (which isn't a very common name). Very cool!


Q:Tell us a bit about you and your family.

A: Married to Damien for 15yrs............a very understanding and loving husband. He understands my need to document my life and my loved ones. He is very artistic and on occasion can be spotted in my Art Room creating a layout or two himself. I have three bambinos.... Cade is 10, Seth is 6 and Isabella just turned 2.

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking and where did you get your start in this craft?

A: I have scrapping for about 5 years. I was encouraged by a friend to attend a Stampin Up party..... I was hooked !

Q:What inspires your creativity when you are scrapbooking?

A: I love fabrics.....colors, patterns, textures......oh my !

Q:Describe your creative style

A: Im not sure I really have one. If I had to give myself a label it would probably be.... eclectic in a romantic way. Since I like trying new technique and products & mediums , my style is constantly changing.

Q:What are your three favorite products/techniques right now?

A: I am loving anything sparkly or shiny. Glitter, embossing, metallics, Tattered Angels glimmer mist & Shimmerz.....YUMMY
I also luv using all and any Tim Holtz/Rangers product.
I have also been sewing quite a bit on my layouts and just recently incorporated crocheting on a scalloped circle layout.

Q:What project(s) are you currently working on?

A: Currently I am working on layouts/projects where "My Little Shoebox" meets "Hero Arts". I am also working on cards with product from www.cutcardstock.com & projects from kits from www.akissonthechic.typepad.com

Q:Describe your perfect day

A: Ohhhh a day at the Beach with my wee ones and hubs.

Q:What are your three favorite layouts of all time that you’ve created (published or not)?

1.)I would probably have to say this layout "Each New Day" using Websters Pages.
The day I took these pictures of my DD was a special day. She said "Mom" for the first time. Up untill than she had only said "Dad" but never mom. The journaling reads: Each new day I wake up and wonder how I ever lived without you.


2.) The journaling on this one is very sincere "No One Told Me" and thus became a fav.
Journaling reads: No one told me my life would completely change. No one told me that I would never own my Heart again. No one told me that I would be willing to die for them. No one told me that my love for them would run so deep it could never me measured and no one told me there could be so much strength within this weakness.




3.) This one "The Story of Forever Love" is special and one of my faves because it is the cover to a documentation of my Journey/Love for my husband. The album started as a way to document dates/moments for my kids but in the process it became a way to express my Love to my husband. The album/journaling I have never shared with any one.

5 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

This is a fantastic post!

Claudinha Antunes said...

Welcome, Norma!
Hugs

Unknown said...

hi Norma, welcome :)

Marit said...

Welcome Norma!!! Glad you are with us this month. The layouts you shared are stunning!

Norma Kennedy said...

aaww THANKS... u guys. I am so Happy to be here !

Related Posts with Thumbnails