Friday, August 14, 2009

Challenge 137

edited:: Tania D's layouts arrived!! Check them out below. Hopefully this means the Swine Flu has left her house!!

When I had initially chosen this week's challenge, I pictured in my mind's eye a very relaxing, creative, soothing experience...instead what I got was total self-induced pressure and lots of tension while trying to force my creative vibes to get in sync with my available crafting time (which is very limited these days!) I was beginning to panic as I considered the possibility of either not being able to create a layout at all or worse, a really really terrible layout. I wasn't keen on either option but somehow my mojo came back just when I needed it the most. I found a photo of Sethy that I love and magically, everything was right in the universe and I found my happy place again! YAY!

This week's challenge is to use watercolor paints (tubes, pencils/crayons, whatever!) I just got new watercolor crayons (from my friendly neighborhood Stampin' Up! lady) and was super excited when I was able to use them with my new Kenner Road kit (Woot!) Super stoked with the pairing between the two.

Show us your stuff and create a layout with this week's challenge. Wanna get the scoop on how to play? Go HERE to learn more.

Don't forget we've got a super fun scraplift contest going on HERE and we'll have another poll going up in the next few days too and you know that always brings with it more freebies! HOORAY!






7 comments:

Marit said...

Great layouts ladies! I wanna wish Tania all the best... you and your family get well soon sweetie!!!

Keely Livings said...

Fabulous layouts! I love how everyone used their watercolors.

Anonymous said...

Everyones layouts look amazing.. this has got to be my favorite challenge ever!

missusem said...

I love this challenge -- has been awhile since I watercolored anything :)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I love what the design team has done here - beautiful work and so inspiring!

I ended up doing an art journal page with watercolors. I put it in the flickr group, and it's also here:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=154449&m=view&id=2313491

Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've made a LO for challenge 137.

It shows my father somewhere in the sixties. At that time he was painting his house. We live in an area that's visited by many tourists and everytime he had climb down his ladder to point directions to the tourists. In those days signs that gave directions didn't exist in our village so my dad made one himself. He finished his paintingjob without beeing bothered by tourists...

Love, Lena

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=185120&user_id=17972

Bianca Ribeiro said...

Hi
I have a LO for this challenge:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=185967&user_id=16238

I love watercolors!!!
XOXO

Related Posts with Thumbnails