Sunday, November 1, 2009

Meet Dena

This is always so sad...saying farewell to one Guest Designer so we can make room for a new one. Thanks so much for sharing such personal and creative pages, Dani! We loved having you on the team and we hope you stick around and participate in our challenges!

We will be reviewing all the entries in the Scraplift contest of Dani's pages shortly and we're starting another one for November's designer. Speaking of whom, meet Dena Coe. I found her when reading updates on my FB for Webster's Pages (I think it was Websters pages??) and instantly fell in love with her work. She has graciously answered our standard Guest Designer questionnaire below and has also shared three of her favorite layouts. We invite you to scraplift her layouts and upload the link to your version in the comments section below. You have ALL MONTH to share your version so don't delay! Get your work in the running for a wonderful freebie!

So here she is, Dena Coe



Q:Tell us a bit about you and your family.

A: I am a stay at home mom to my 8 year old daughter Zoe. She keeps me ever so busy and on my toes. My man works hard in an office during the day and plays drums in a heavy metal cover band at night. I get to help be his roadie sometimes!

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking and where did you get your start in this craft?

A: I started scrapbooking when Zoe was about 3 years old. My sister dragged me to my first class at a now defunct local scrapbook store. I always giggle when I look at those first layouts with their star shaped photos! I was immediately hooked though and have been head over heels in love with scrapbooking ever since.

Q:What inspires your creativity when you are scrapbooking?

A: I am inspired mostly between my photos and my paper. It starts with those two things for me. But I love to glean inspiration from wherever I can. From websites to billboards to CD covers. It also helps to have some amazing friends who inspire you creatively on a daily basis!

Q:Describe your creative style

A: I would say I am all over the place. I can scrap shabby chic and muted tones one day and the next day switch it up and use bright funky colors and be throwing paint everywhere. My pages tend to reflect my mood.

Q:What are your three favorite products/techniques right now?

A: 3 favorite products would have to be Shimmerz Tuscan Sun Spritz, Webster's Pages Postcards from Paris line and anything Prima!

A: I am all about spritzing my products right now. I love the funky iridescent look it gives to your pages and embellishments. And I am hopelessly addicted to my craft knife and Cutterbee scissors. I love to cut intricate designs out.

Q:What project(s) are you currently working on?

A: I just finished up 4 projects for Scarlet Lime Kits and am going to be working on some fun stuff for Webster's Pages.

Q:Describe your perfect day

A: I get to sleep in til noon. Wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and bacon. Get to stay in my jammies all day and curl up with a blanket and a good book. And a back massage somewhere in there would be nice!

Q:What are your three favorite layouts of all time that you’ve created (published or not)?

A:

Geez that is a hard one! But here are some that make me smile!

4 comments:

Marit said...

Welcome Dena! Wow, what a gorgeous layouts you show us!!! Have fun designing with us this month!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Dena, welcome! Your layouts are beautiful :)

Dena said...

Thanks girls! I am so happy to get the chance to work with you all this month :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I lifted the last layout, here is my result:

http://mycreativeminds.blogspot.com/2009/11/u-r-just-like-little-angels.html

Really nice layouts Deana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails