Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yay! We're outta there!

I was just starting to feel like it was never gonna end. Today we did it. We packed up every last thing we owned and crammed it into our slightly over-full trailer (just ask the trailer tires, they'll tell ya) and we pulled out of the driveway leaving the old duplex in our past. YAY! So tonight we're staying at a friend's house and in the morning we begin our long and arduous journey to the frozen north. We will aim to be on the ferry in the morning and sometime later tomorrow (if all goes according to plan) we'll make it to Prince George later that night. I suspect I might just have good reason to stop the truck and try out my newest lens (a wide angle) on my newly gifted tripod. Ray said that the wildlife was in abundance on the trip down from Whitehorse so if I have any luck to speak of, there should be a moose or two to photograph...maybe even in a well composed, well lit fashion.

Something I didn't get a chance to post with the DT pages was a few more 'extras' provided by Tania.
These few little cards are such a great way to use up your scraps and add a few cards to your stash. I don't know about you but I tend to be a bit of a scrap-hoarder. I have every intention of using them up but some how don't quite ever get there. Do you have a scrapping scraps abundance? What do you do to keep your scraps organized or to a minimum? I think that one of my resolutions for next year should maybe have something to do with scrap scraps.

I am so excited to get home, to unpack my studio boxes (and boxes and boxes and boxes...) Everything will have its place and my creative juices will be overflowing!!!! I wish you could be there for the most productive moments but I think I'd be the happiest person there. Once I get settled, I will be booking classes - daytime ones at the studio and evening ones in town- and my dear friend Jessi pointed out that you blog-stalkers might like to get your hands on instructions. I happen to have books and books full of instructions for cool projects so I'll have to get scrappin' and postin' the best of the best from my classes. Can't wait.

Ooooh, one more thing, before I forget...I was finally reading through almost a month's worth of emails (on 3 different email accounts) and stumbled across this great little tidbit from Pick Up Sticks - a knitting site. They are all about felting and have a new book out with patterns for these... yes, they're boots and yes, they're knitted! I can't wait to make a pair.

Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you Friday...maybe sooner if you're lucky!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool vanessa!!! I am so excited for you!! have fun with your journey and have fun unpacking your studio!!!

can't wait to see your classes!!!! and I LovE THOSE BOOTS....adorable!!!!

happy trails!!!

Unknown said...

Those boots are so cool, I even love the colour! Can't wait to see what you scrap after being stuck without your stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

My trick for getting rid of scraps is to go through them every time I get a new batch of photos (I usually print a hundred or so at a time). Before I go through my new paper or buy new stuff I quickly flip through my scrap drawer to see if anything will work. I I think something will, I store it with the pics until I'm ready to scrap that page. This works especially well before crop weekends or crop days where I'll be doing multiple pages. It's definitely helped reduce my scrap stash! Drive safely and can't wait to see pics of the new studio! Cheers!

Unknown said...

Dude, I can't believe you are really out of here. Selfishly, I am sad, but I am warm inside knowing how happy you are.
On another note, how long do we have to be friends before I can get a pair of those boots for birthday week?
Love ya Dude!

Unknown said...

woah! I did a double dude post.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe drive! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails