Monday, June 2, 2008

Meet Kim!


This is Kim White. She is another extremely talented scrapbooker who has joined us for the month of June as our Guest Designer. She is on the Design Teams for Unpubbed and for Salt. She will be joining us in our weekly challenges and lending us her mojo to feed everyone's creativity. Below are a few of her most favorite pages and you are invited to scraplift any one of them to win a prize (which you'll get a look at later...but trust me, it's a good one!). All you have to do is link to this post and show us your stuff!

We sent Kim a few questions to answer. You can get to know Kim a little more by reading her answers below!

Q:Tell us a bit about you and your family.

A: I am married to the most wonderful man in the world – Matt and we have two beautiful boys Joel and Joshua.

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking and where did you get your start in this craft?

A:I have been scrapbooking since 2003. My sister bought me an album, some paper and embellishments and I was hooked. I started buying scrapbooking magazines for inspiration and my love affair with paper took off from there.

Q:What inspires your creativity when you are scrapbooking?

A: Mostly internet sites and challenge blogs … but I also have many scrapbooking books and magazines in my scrapbooking room to look at too! Ali Edwards is my all time favorite when it comes to inspiration and I was blessed to take two of her courses in 2006.

Q:Describe your creative style

A: Simple. Some have described it as eclectic, which I would agree with. I’ve been playing with Digital scrapbooking lately and really enjoy that … but I also love all things paper, and making a mess on my desk is always a joy!

Q:What are your three favorite products/techniques right now?

A: 1. Digital/hybrid scrapbooking

2. American Crafts Thickers (my absolute favorite)

3. Cardboard … really enjoying using this medium in real life and digi too!

Q:What project(s) are you currently working on?

A: I am on two design teams for the Unpubbed challenge blog and also for the SALT challenge blog. These keep me busy with two layouts a month each. Generally I scrap the stories I am living right now and don’t worry about “catching up” . I do have a Rubbermaid container full of ideas for mini books that I want to build at some point.

Q:Describe your perfect day

A: A day that my husband is home, and we can spend time with the kids making memories and taking pictures (for future scrapbooking of course!). With the weather warming up I’m looking forward to camping and spending more time outdoors.


Welcome to the team Kim!

9 comments:

Corey said...

Yeah Kim!! congratulations!!

Melissa said...

This is awesome KIM!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hello Kim, welcome. :)

Anonymous said...

kim!!! so happy you are our first GDT!!! yay you!! love the stuff you shared...some of my faves of yours too :D!!!

Allison said...

Woohoo Kim! Congrats! Love her stuff. :)

Louise said...

Wooo Hooo Congratulations KIM :) :) :

Jen Martakis said...

I was able to make the time and lift one of Kim's awesome layouts (an opportunity to Trust). It was so much fun, she is such a talented scrapper! My page is called "Proud". Here's the link...
http://jenniferann75.blogspot.com/2008/06/busy-ness.html

Allison said...

Finished my lift! Really love all of your stuff Kim - 'An Opportunity to Trust' happened to fit well with a project I was stuck on. Here's the LO: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alliec/2617495604/

Veronica Goh said...

Love your layouts, Kim! They're beautiful! Here's my lift of your layout "My Boy":

http://scrappychic-pages.blogspot.com/2008/06/sugar-and-spice.html

TFL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails