Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meet Susan!

Happy July! Yay, it looks like summer is finally here (and the crazy rain has stopped falling!). We enjoyed a quiet Canada Day at home and today I have so much to share. First, I want to extend a big fat warm thank you to Kim White for being a guest designer with us for the month of June! What an incredible artist she is and I know I was inspired by her fantastic pages to create just a little more (maybe even a little digi is gonna be in some future pages for me!).

If you remember the post where we introduced Kim, there were 3 of her favorite pages of all time posted and y'all were invited to scraplift any of them and to include a link to your scraplift to that post. There weren't tons of links but there was THIS ONE by Scrappychic that ended up being the winning scraplift! Please email me at info@lotuspaperie.com to arrange shipping for your prize package! Congrats Scrappychic!!
The winning page!




Now that July has begun, we have another designer to introduce to you. Her name is Susan Lui and you can check out her blog here. Susan lives in Singapore and is on quite a few design teams; The Paper Element, Laine's Papeterie, and Creative Scrappers! And, same as last month, here are Susan's favorite 3 layouts of all time for you to scraplift. Please post links to your pages in the comments section and a winner will be announced at the end of the month! I will be posting a glimpse of the prize pack once all the goodies arrive!


Susan answered a few of our burning questions too, so get to know her by reading about her answers below!

Q:Tell us a bit about you and your family.

A: Hi! I’m from Singapore and have a wonderful husband and daughter who are often the subjects of my scrapping projects. I am currently on the design teams for The Paper Element, a new US manufacturer; Laines Papeterie, a large scrapbooking shop in Singapore; and Creative Scrappers, a new sketch site.

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking and where did you get your start in this craft?

A: I’ve always loved all things craft-related and have dabbled in pottery, making jointed mohair teddy bears and other crafts. I remember buying my first wooden stamps, inks and embossing powders from London about 15 years ago. Scrapping supplies were difficult to come by in Singapore then and I used to buy what I could on my holidays. Then a few years ago, two large scrapbooking shops opened in Singapore and scrappers here are now really spoilt for choice because we get the latest and the best here. And so my love for scrapping and shopping (admit it, we all love shopping for scrap supplies) blossomed, with weekly visits to my favourite LSS to hang out with like-minded scrappers.

Q:What inspires your creativity when you are scrapbooking?

A: I’m inspired by my family, by events happening around me and by the photographs I’ve taken. I’m also inspired by the myriad of scrapbooking supplies available and the many manufacturer and challenge sites on the internet. I enjoy books on scrapping as well and have a whole collection of them.

Q:Describe your creative style

A: I like to have little surprises on my layouts when I can, like hidden journaling, pull-out photos, or just trying different textures. I love experimenting with different styles and techniques, so I would say my style is still evolving although I have a fondness for shabby chic.

Q:What are your three favorite products/techniques right now?

A:

1) Flowers! I love flowers and have them on many of my layouts. My favourites are Primas, of all shapes and sizes.

2) Rangers Distress Inks. I use them on the edges of my paper to define them or to give them a distressed, vintage look. My favourite colours are Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap.

3) Stamps! I love stamps. I love their versatility and how you can create very different looks with the same stamp.

Q:What project(s) are you currently working on?

A: I’ve been very busy working on my design team projects for Laines, The Paper Element and Creative Scrappers. In between, I’m having fun creating layouts and albums for my family.

Q:Describe your perfect day

A: A perfect day for me is one spent with my family doing something we all love and just enjoying each other’s company.


Welcome aboard, Susan! We're all thrilled to have you with us for July and I for one and super excited to see what you create for the weeks of challenges for this month!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim, love your layouts!

Hi Susan, welcome! Can't wait to see what you create :)

Angie Delarie said...

Hi There love that layout ..
Would love to donate a stamp one time ..please get back to me if interested
www.angiedelarie.com
www.angiedelarie.etsy.com
www.angiedelarie.blogspot.com

Jen Martakis said...

Congrats Scrappychic! I love your lift of Kim!

Hi Susan! I can't wait to see what you'll be create!!

Kimberly White said...

Yay Scrappy chic! I beautiful layout! Congrats! And Susan ... your art is beautiful! Kim

Veronica Goh said...

Thank you so much ladies! Really appreciate your comments. Was so thrilled to have won!

Sue Lui said...

Hi Tania, Jen and Kim! Thanks for the warm welcome. :) I'm having fun being the guest designer this month.

Susan

Michelle Price said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Price said...

Here is a LO I created inspired by Susan's favs.
[url]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3082/2668200239_7cf9557220.jpg?v=[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, you have wonderful work!!!

Here is my scraplift...
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=114909&user_id=11527

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
Here's my scraplift of your Remembering LO :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/26710343@N04/2711747997/

Sue Lui said...

Hi Shelley!

Great take on my layout! Beautiful layout!

Susan

Sue Lui said...

Hi Pancy!

Love what you did with your take on my layout. I like the circle concept. Great layout!

Susan

Sue Lui said...

Hi Michell

That's a fabulous layout! Love the soothing blues and khakis. :)

Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails