Sunday, June 3, 2007

photo friday


I discovered within the last few months that I have a very keen interest in photography. Last fall I participated in a workshop conducted by Karen McKinnon, where I was introduced to a few important technical details which have enabled me to take my camera off the "P for Perfect Picture" setting and get creative. Now, I should mention that before that workshop, I pretty much swiped my husband's old beat-up Sony Cybershot (was top of the line 9 years ago) and was trying my darndest to do some basic creative things and not having much success. So when I learned that I could purchase a second hand camera from my good pal, Karen, I jumped at the chance. Now, I still am learning but am proud to say that my camera is NEVER set to "P" and while some of my photos suck, many are super cool.

Having said all that, once I got my camera, I searched online for weekly photo assignments to keep me shooting, even when life got in the way of photographing my family. I found one that is emailed to me every friday and it is such a challenge. This photo is one that I took after I got my new macro lens. It is so very different than my other lens and I am still trying to figure out what to do with it and how to make it do its magic.

Also, I found through Ali Edwards' blog, this super fun weekly challenge site, One Little Word. I tried the transparency letter technique and it is SO COOL! Try it for yourself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails