Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I wish...

I wish you could have been there. I also wish I'd had my camera. Ray and I went to the hot springs last night and on the drive home at exactly 9:56 I was savoring the unbelievable sunset over the hills to my left. Equipped with new photography knowledge, I acknowledged that it must have been what is referred to as the Golden Hour (for obvious reasons relating to the wash of warm gold light) and observed how the lighting affected my surroundings while barreling down the Klondike Highway. While my eyes traveled across the horizon in front of me and to my right, I was in awe of the fiery reds and oranges that illuminated the hills opposite the sunset. The best part of all, the part I wished I'd had my camera for was the rainbow bursting out of the mountainside, arcing overhead and disappearing into the clouds. It was truly breathtaking and a sight that I may never witness again.
Well...I was fortunate enough to take advantage of some remarkable Yukon evening light a few days ago. I have been reading tons of photography books and acquiring loads of valuable tidbits. Now, I don't know about you but for new information to stick, I have to apply it so that I have first-hand experience to reinforce the lesson. So after reading a bit about light and composition, aperture and shutter speed...I headed out on a walkabout along our quiet country road and this is what I saw...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

way to see the light on that last one Vanessa - it is so fun to watch you fall in love with photgraphy. Way to go! Karen

Stampernmore said...

wonderful pictures!

Margaret said...

All I can say is "WOW" You got a knack...Great pics!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails