Monday, September 3, 2007

Ahh...another long weekend!

Amazing that school has been in only a week and we've already got a long weekend! Crazy. Like we didn't have enough time off already. Anyway, Ray & I took the boys to Skagway Alaska on the weekend. We checked the mail, had soup & sandwiches for $50!! and circulated through a few tourist shops. Skagway is a cruise ship port so naturally everything there costs a fortune!! While we were there I picked up a GORGEOUS hank of amazing yarn from a great little craft shop called Changing Threads. The yarns in that store were sooooo pretty! I did a mighty fine job of limiting my purchase to just this! The yarn is 100% merino wool and it is handpainted in Sitka, Alaska by Raven Frog Fiber Arts. I think it's destined to be a cabled scarf. DELICIOUS!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Vanessa, I have always wanted to go to Alaska! I am glad you are finding ways to be creative even without your paper.
Maggie, Mikhayla, Gabrielle and Rowan start school tomorrow and Selah starts Kindergarten on Wed, we will miss you at Glacier View.
Love ya, K

Related Posts with Thumbnails