Sunday, September 23, 2007

season of change

This image is created by one of my favorite artists, Alphonse Mucha. The image above celebrates Autumn which begins today. I love the romance that this time of year brings along with the need to be indoors cooking, knitting, reading...all those lovely cool-weather activites that were forgotten during the warm summer months.
Today, while you are scrapping, create a page telling about your favorite fall activities or that showcases photographs you've taken as the leaves turn from green to gold, orange and red.


I received in the mail the other day a copy of That's Life by Nic Howard, a book about finding scrapbook inspiration in the everyday. This book is so wonderfully written. The notebook layout with days-of-the-week tabs makes the entire book so much fun to work with. I have already taken photos of seemingly mundane things such as the toilet paper on the holder in the bathroom - posing the question of Over or Under??, puzzle pieces strewn across the livingroom floor - my youngest son's newest obsession, and so many other subjects. I even photographed my coffee mug with cold coffee still in the bottom - something that drives Ray bonkers - in an effort to archive another one of my quirks.

Consider adding this book to your collection. It serves as a valuable tool when you are feeling like you've taken hundreds of photos of your kids at the playground and you maybe need a new direction. Super handy book with really fun journaling.

Oh, one last thing, it snowed today! ACK!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well that's what happens when you live in the igloo north!!! okay..i know, i know...but even being canadian and knowing better...that joke still doesn't get old!!! LOL!!

that looks like a really fabulous book...might have to add it to my collection!!!

and I love fall too...my favourite season...love the crisp cool weather...the colours...the scarves and sweaters that come out...the chill mornings with a good cup of chai...the smell of burning fires...i could go and on...LOL

have a beautiful and fabulous MOnday!!

Unknown said...

Eww, snow? I don't even want to think about that yet!

Love ideas on different kind of layouts and photos! I might have to buy that one myself!

The Crawfords said...

SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! whats up with that?

Love the idea of the book. Maybe you could let "santa" know that this is something i would like. As you know he is quite lame at gift giving and needs lots of iedeas and help.


How's jessie doing with her paper and when do we get Novembers kits?

S

Related Posts with Thumbnails