Monday, December 14, 2009

Meet Elly!

Well, it took a little while to carve out the time to get the new ladies' introductions ready for you but finally, lo and behold...we have an intro! You've seen the work of our new design team for a few weeks and now here's a chance to get to know one of our newest members, Elly Burian. She has a vibrant, quirky style that is truly eye catching and just thing to wake up your sleepy mojo! Here she is, Elly::


Q-Tell us a bit about you & your family

A- I’m a single gal with an amazing set of parents (Ron and Jennifer), a bratty little brother (Caleb) who managed to marry a wonderful girl (Andrea), and two fantastic kitties. I work at a fantastic company in Middleton, WI that manufactures theatrical lighting. When I’m not scrapbooking or making cards, I read science fiction and play a lot of World of Warcraft (8 level 80s and counting!).

Q-Why do you scrapbook?

A- I scrapbook because I get these little restless goblins in me that are only released when I am being creative. Goblin build up can be very dangerous – they have very sharp teefs!

Q-What is on your playlist right now?

A- Tactical Sekt, Suicide Commando, The Cure, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Switchblade Symphony, Johnny Cash, Funker Vogt, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, etc.

Q-What fuels your creative mojo?

A- Mostly color. I am attracted like crazy to bright, bright colors. Also I like to make little stories up in my head about things, especially my cats, as it sort of gives me an excuse to scrap them constantly.

Q-What projects are on your scrap table today?

A- To keep my sanity, I have to clean up my small scrapping area after every crafty session, otherwise the mess gets to me. However, I have many projects waiting in the wings to be pulled out and completed.

Q-Which products are currently getting the most action in your layouts?

A- Sassafras Lass papers reign supreme in my favourites at the moment.

Q-Tell us about one of your personality quirks (weird habits/rituals)

A- I get up daily around 4:30am. I don’t have to be up – I don’t work until 9am. I just can’t sleep past 4:30am or thereabouts.

Q-When you finish working on a layout, do you tidy up or walk away and leave the mess?

A- If I’m done scrapping for the night, I completely clean up my area (which is merely my coffee table) and put it all away. If I don’t, my mental space becomes too cluttered.

Q-Have you ever had a scrapbooking disaster? (spilled paint, burnt w/ heat gun?) and if so, were you able to rescue the destroyed layout?

A- I haven’t really had anything major happen. I have had a lot of smaller “happy accidents”, of course, but the easiest thing to do is just roll with it – I don’t get upset over making mistakes, no one is perfect and it’s not worth getting hung up on.

Q-If time stood still for just one day, what would you do with the time?

A- I would go to one of those child-themed restaurants and play in the ball pit! And then I would do a grand garden gnome exchange – take everyone’s garden gnomes, mix them all up and return random gnomes to random houses.

Q- Please share three of your favourite layouts.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Guys you will knock them out of the park!

Unknown said...

Hi Elly, loved reading a little about you :)

Eva said...

Hi Elly! I love your style.. it was fun reading about you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails